Two days after the Maharashtra Assembly suspended an AIMIM legislator for refusing to say ‘Bharat Mata Ki Jai’, the Madhya Pradesh Assembly on Friday unanimously passed a censure motion against AIMIM chief Asaduddin Owaisi for his remarks.
In the BJP-dominated MP assembly, the motion was moved by Congress legislator Jitu Jirati. Invoking the country’s first PM Jawaharlal Nehru, the Congress MLA condemned Owaisi for his remarks and requested the House to unanimously oppose “such fundamentalism”.
- Top Bulletin: Asaduddin Owaisi’s ‘Muslim soldiers’ remark, Mani Shankar Aiyar’s ‘Pakistan love’ remark and many more
- Triple talaq: Law no solution to social ills, says Asaduddin Owaisi
- PM Modi, BJP laid red carpet for those who targeted kids, says Asaduddin Owaisi
- How ‘Bharat Mata ki Jai’ dominated news headlines for weeks
- Now it’s Congress: Bharat Mata Ki Jai or else
- PIL against Owaisi for refusing to say ‘Bharat Mata ki Jai’
Legislative Affairs Minister Narottam Mishra said such “anti-national mindset” was prevailing in the country for the past one-and-a-half years and referred to the alleged raising of pro-Afzal Guru slogans on the JNU campus. He also sought to ensure the alleged slogans in the censure motion.
Meanwhile, a case has been registered against Owaisi over his refusal to say ‘Bharat Mata ki Jai’. The case was registered by Karimnagar Three Town police in Telangana following a complaint by one Bethi Mahender Reddy.
With PTI input