Six fishermen from Tamil Nadu were arrested and their boat seized by Sri Lankan naval personnel for allegedly crossing the International Maritime Boundary Line and fishing in their territorial waters.
The fishermen were arrested off Talaimannar in the island nation by the Sri Lankan Naval personnel, who also cut the nets of 10 other boats, Fishermen’s Association President S Emiret told reporters.
- Four Tamil Nadu fishermen arrested by Sri Lankan Navy
- Sri Lankan navy attacks Tamil Nadu fishermen, 20 boats damaged
- Four Tamil Nadu fishermen held by Sri Lankan Navy
- Six Tamil Nadu fishermen arrested by Lankan navy
- Sri Lankan Navy arrests 6 Indian fishermen for allegedly fishing in Lankan waters
- Drawing a line in water
The fishermen, all of whom are from this coastal village, had put out to sea last night, he said.
Meanwhile, Assistant director of Fisheries Sekar said fishermen from Nagapattinam and Pudukottai did not go fishing for the third day today due to rough seas and strong winds.