Six persons were killed and 56 others injured when a bus fell into a deep gorge in Doda district of Jammu and Kashmir today, police said.
“A bus carrying 62 passengers, on its way to Rehand village in the district, suddenly fell of the cliff into a deep gorge, around 20 kilometers away from the Doda town” Deputy commissioner of Doda, Bhupinder Kumar said.
Indian Air force safely rescued 10 ppl after a bus travelling on Dhara-Doda road (J&K) had fallen down,earlier today pic.twitter.com/qU4xms9xwn
— ANI (@ANI_news) April 10, 2016
Three persons died on the spot, while three others died on the way to the hospital, he said.
- Ranveer Singh and Aamir Khan embody the 'Thug life' and we can't get enough of them. See photos, video
- Bayern Munich let two-goal lead slip, draw with Wolfsburg
- Would love to be considered for the role of ODI batting coach: Michael Bevan
- In deal with Australia, US to notify 54 refugees of acceptance soon
- ASI, GSI probe if lingam at Mahakal temple has shrunk
- GOP's 'Obamacare' repeal all but dead; McCain deals the blow
Seven of the 56 injured are in a critical condition, the DC said adding, “We have requested the airforce to provide a helicopter and it is on its way, we will be shifting the seven critically injured to GMC (Government Medical College) Jammu for specialised treatment”.
“Right now the priority is to save precious human lives, the enquiry will be conducted to know the exact cause of the mishap,” he said.