The National Investigation Agency (NIA) on Sunday said it had busted an Islamic State-inspired terror module and arrested six persons in Kerala for conspiring to carry out terror acts.
According to the NIA, “Information was received that some youths from Kerala and Tamil Nadu along with their accomplices have entered into a criminal conspiracy to commit terror acts by collecting explosives and other offensive material to target important persons and places in various parts of south lndia.”
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Based on the information, the Union Home Ministry had directed the NIA to investigate the matter and accordingly, the agency registered a case at its Kochi branch on Saturday under IPC sections for criminal conspiracy, waging or attempting to wage war against the Government of India, collecting arms, etc with the intention of waging war against the GOI and sections of the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act.
Acting on the information, NIA teams along with Kerala Police, Delhi Police and Telangana Police, launched surveillance on the movements of the accused allegedly involved in the conspiracy.
According to an NIA statement, “During searches conducted in the districts of Kozikhode and Kannur in Kerala on Sunday, six persons have been arrested for their involvement in the conspiracy. Five of them were arrested while conducting a meeting at Kanakamala hilltop in Kannur district, Kerala. Subsequently, another person was arrested from Kuttiyadi in Kozhikode district later.”
The release added, “During the searches, incriminating material, including electronic devices, were seized from them and their premises. Follow-up searches are being conducted by the NIA in Chennai, Coimbatore in Tamil Nadu and Kannur, Kozhikode and Mallapuram in Kerala.”
Those arrested have been identified as Manseed alias Omar Al Hindi alias Muthuka, 30, resident of Madina Mahal, Aniyaram, in Kannur district of Kerala; Abu Basheer alias Rashid alias Buccha alias Dalpati alias Ameer, 29, resident of Kottaikudur, Mazjid Street, GM Nagar, South Ukkadam, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu; Swalih Mohammed T alias Yousuf alias Abu Hasna, 26, resident of Ambalath, Venganallur, Chelakkara panchayat in Thrissur, Kerala, and currently staying in Chennai; Safwan P, 30, of Pookkattil House, Ponmundam, Tirur, in Mallapuram district, Kerala; Jasim NK, 25, of Nangeelam Kandy, Kuttiyady in Kozhikode district, Kerala; and Ramshad Nageelan Kandiyil alias Aaamu, 24, of Nangeelan Kandiyil House, Kuttiady, in Kozhikode district.
Incidentally, these six have no connection with the group of 22 who reportedly left for IS-controlled Nangharhar in Afghanistan.