Prime Minister of Singapore Lee Hsien Loong will arrive in India on Monday on a five day visit aimed at deepening bilateral ties in a range of areas including trade and investment.
The Singaporean Prime Minister would be accompanied by his wife Ho Ching, a number of key Ministers and senior officials.
During the visit, he will be hosted for lunch by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and the two leaders will hold bilateral talks to explore ways to bolster ties between the two countries.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Both leaders will Tuesday witness the exchange of an MOU on cooperation in industrial property between the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion, and Singapore’s Intellectual Property Office.
Besides that, two more MOUs will be exchanged on cooperation on establishment of a North East Skills Centre in Assam between the Assam Government and the Institute of Technical Education Education Services, and cooperation in skills development between the National Skill Development Corporation and Singapore’s Institute of Technical Education Education Services.
Lee will also call on President Pranab Mukherjee and attend a reception for Singaporeans based in India.
External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj will also call on the Prime Minister of Singapore.
The Prime Minister of Singapore’s delegation would include Minister of Trade and Industry S Iswaran, Acting Minister of Education and Senior Minister of State for Defence, Ong Ye Kung, Senior Minister of State, Ministry of Defence and Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Mohamed Maliki Bin Osman, the External Affairs Ministry said.
Members of Parliament Denise Phua and Vikram Nair will also be part of the delegation.
The Prime Minister of Singapore will also visit Udaipur in Rajasthan on October -6. State Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje will call upon him and also host the Singapore Prime Minister to a lunch.
During his visit to Udaipur, Lee will attend the launch of Centre of Excellence for Tourism Training as part of skills development collaboration under the India Singapore Strategic Partnership signed in November 2015.
Besides that, he will also witness the signing of an MOU on cooperation on tourism and urban solutions between Rajasthan Government and Singapore’s International Enterprise.
An agreement on a Capacity Building Programme in tourism and hospitality between the state government and Singapore’s Cooperation Enterprise will also be signed.
He last visited India in December 2012 to attend the ASEAN-India Commemorative Summit.