The mortal remains of nine brave martyrs were transported from Siachen Glacier area to Siachen Base Camp in helicopters Saturday, but due to bad weather, they couldn’t be further moved to Leh. The Army is making efforts to transport the remains of the Siachen martyrs to their respective homes by Sunday.
These are the bravehearts who died in an avalanche in Siachen on February 3, 2015. Below is an account of their glorious life:
SUBEDAR NAGESH TT
* Subedar Nagesha TT was a highly motivated and physically fit Junior Commissioned Officer(JCO) who was a great asset to the Battalion. The JCO had displayed highest degree of initiative and had served 12 years in tough field areas out of his 22 years of total service. During his illustrious career the JCO had taken part in ‘OPERATION PARAKRAM’ where he laid and recovered large number of mines. He also served in ‘OPERATION RAKSHAK’ at Mendhar in Jammu & Kashmir for two years where he was actively involved in counter insurgency operations. He again volunteered to serve with Rashtriya Rifles in Jammu & Kashmir for two years where he displayed indomitable courage and leadership in fighting terrorism.
*Subedar Nagesha TT also volunteered to serve as a Commando in NSG for three years. Later on, he went to North East from 2009 to 2012 to serve in ‘OPERATION RHINO’ where he formed part of several successful operations against the militants as the ghatak platoon JCO. He was a great motivator and a true leader and always led from front. His exemplary leadership qualities led him to become a Junior Commissioned Officer in only 16 years of service, much faster than his counterparts. He was serving in the super high altitude areas of Siachen Glacier from Aug 2015 and was handpicked for commanding one of the most important and highest posts at an altitude of 19600 feet since Dec 2015.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
*As an individual, he was an ever cheerful personality who shared a cordial relationship with peers and colleagues. He was a qualified Commando and formed part of Ghatak team for most part of his service and led the team in several competitions successfully. His colleagues remember him as ‘RAMBO’ who used to lift others weapons as well as load in addition to his own. He was highly adventurous and also did Para-motor Course with outstanding grading. He was happily married to Smt Asha and is survived by two sons Amit TN and Preetham TN aged six and four respectively. His family was always a pillar of unending support in his endeavour to serve the Nation.
HAVILDAR ELUMALAI M
* Havildar Elumalai M was a highly intelligent Non Commissioned Officer (NCO) who had high level of initiative and was always willing to carry out any task assigned to him. He joined 19th Battalion The Madras Regiment on 28 Oct 1996 and ever since he became an inseparable part of the battalion. The NCO had always displayed high degree of courage and had conducted several successful small team operations against terrorists in both Jammu & Kashmir and North East during his nine years of field service.
* Because of his ability to motivate his juniors and lead them from front the NCO was selected to be part of Sonam Post which required men with nerves of steel and high level of physical fitness.
* As an individual, Havildar Elumalai was a charismatic personality who shared cordial relationship with one and all. He attained Instructor grading in Weapon Course at Infantry School, Mhow and was posted as Instructor at The Madras Regimental Centre, Wellington where he trained several recruits and his work was praised by his superiors. He was also part of the Unit Training Team prior to induction of the unit to Siachen Glacier and was a source of inspiration and motivation to all unit personnel. Because of his high level of intelligence and ability to carry out work without supervision, the NCO had passed his promotion tests and was about to pickup ranks of a Junior Commissioned Officer. He was married to Smt E Jamuna Rani and is blessed with two sons namely E Kavirasu, six years old and E Sri Priyadarshan, four years old. His family had always supported him in his endeavour to serve the nation and was source of guidance for him.
LANCE HAVILDAR S KUMAR
* Lance Havildar S Kumar was a highly motivated and sincere soldier who got enrolled on 31 Oct 1998. The individual had to serve in difficult and challenging field tenures for nine years out of his 17 years service to the nation. The soldier also has rare distinction of serving in the Siachen Glacier twice.
* Lance Havildar S Kumar volunteered to serve in the Siachen Glacier as a young soldier in 1999-2000 & he once again chose to serve in Northern Glacier with his own paltan. The individual took active part in ‘OPERATION PARAKRAM’ on the Western Border from 2001-2002. Then he served in Jammu & Kashmir fighting militancy and was actively involved in Counter Insurgency Operations. He also got an opportunity to serve in the North East, where he displayed exemplary leadership and indomitable courage in fighting ULFA and NDFB terrorists from 2009 to 2011. He then volunteered to serve in Rashtriya Rifles from 2011 to 2013 in Jammu & Kashmir. He was hand picked by the Commanding Officer to be part of one of the most important post situated at an altitude of 19,600 feet.
* On the personal front he was an extra ordinary jovial individual who could make anyone happy with impromptu jokes. He was also known for his simple nature and sincerity. He was admired by his superiors, subordinate as well as his juniors. He is survived by his wife Smt Kavita and eight year old Son Riyash.
LANCE NAIK SUDHEESH B
* Lance Naik Sudheesh B was an extremely fit and motivated soldier who was always willing to carry out any task assigned to him without supervision. A brave soldier who had served in Jammu & Kashmir in ‘OP RAKSHAK’ fighting the insurgency. During his tenure individual has been part of intelligence collection team of the Unit and he helped the Battalion carry out several operations successfully.
* Individual had also served in ‘OPERATION RHINO’ in the North East wherein the individual again displayed raw courage and determination and was part of the Quick Reaction Team of the Company. Later on, individual again volunteered to serve in Rashtriya Rifles for two years.
* A great sportsman, individual was also part of all the sports activities of the Battalion. You name a sport , and he played it. His peers called him “ all in one”. He was a source of motivation for his juniors and was full of josh and could pull out any task without supervision. He is survived by his wife Smt Salumul P who has been a pillar of support to him in his endeavour to serve the nation.
SEPOY S MUSTAQ AHMED
* Sepoy S Mustaq Ahmed was an ever cheerful and confident soldier of 30 years of age. He joined 19th Battalion the Madras Regiment on 21 Sep 2004. Ever since he joined the Battalion, he was a constant source of motivation for his peers and subordinates. His friendly and cheerful attitude gave him unflinching support from superiors and colleagues alike.
* Hailing from the Kurnool district of Andhra Pradesh, Sepoy S Mustaq Ahmed was full of initiative and always volunteered for any opportunity. During his illustrious career spanning over a decade he had formed part of the Battalion counter militancy in the North East as also in the state of Jammu & Kashmir. He later volunteered to join Rashtriya Rifles deployed in counter insurgency operation again in the state of Jammu & Kashmir. He was a sports enthusiast.
* In the month of Aug 15, when the Battalion was to be inducted in the Siachen Glacier Sep S Mustaq Ahmed true to his patriotic and daring nature, volunteered to be the part of one of the most crucial post in the Glacier at an altitude of 19600 feet, having the sub zero temperature.
* Sep S Mustaq Ahmed has left behind his wife Smt S Nasimun and his parents, to whom this country shall be ever grateful.
SEPOY MAHESHA PN
* Sepoy Mahesha PN was a highly motivated and physically fit soldier who was enrolled in 19th Battalion The Madras Regiment on 10 Oct 2005. He displayed a very high degree of initiative and had served seven years in difficult and challenging areas out of the total span of 11 years of his service. During his illustrious career the soldier has served in ‘OPERATION RHINO’ from 2009 to 2012 where he was actively involved in counter insurgency operations. He again volunteered to serve with Rashtriya Rifles in Jammu & Kashmir from Feb 2012 to June 2014 where he displayed indomitable courage in fighting the terrorists and was part of many successful operations.
* Sepoy Mahesha PN had a high level of initiative and was always volunteer for every task that came his way. He displayed keen interest in mountaineering skills which made him an apt volunteer to serve in High Altitude Area of Siachen Glacier with effect from Aug 2015. Sepoy Mahesha PN was a sharp shooter of the Battalion and was part at the Battalion Firing Team which won many competitions.
* As an individual Sep Mahesha PN was a pleasing personality who shared a cordial relationship with peers and subordinates. He was a keen sportsman and was also part of the Battalion football team. He is survived by his mother Smt Sarvamangala and a younger brother Mr Manjunath. He was the sole bread earner of his family. He will always act as a source of inspiration for Indian Army.
SEPOY RAMA MOORTHY N
* Sepoy Rama Moorthy N was a highly courageous and dedicated soldier who had high level of initiative. He was always volunteer for toughest of the jobs which Battalion had to undertake. Individual was enrolled in Madras Regiment and posted to 19th Battalion the Madras Regiment on 13 Dec 2009.
* In the short span of seven years of his service the individual was actively involved in ‘OPERATION RHINO’ in which he displayed indomitable courage and intelligence in fighting the terrorists. During this tenure, individual was part of the Quick Reaction Team of the Company and was part of several successful operations.
* After ‘OPERATION RHINO’ individual again volunteered for Rashtriya Rifles to fight counter insurgency in Jammu & Kashmir in which the individual again showed great courage and determination. He displayed high level of military discipline and became source of motivation for others.
* As an individual, Sepoy Rama Moorthy N was a hardworking soldier who shared cordial relations with his peers and subordinates. He was a role model for other troops in the Battalion. He was recently married to Mrs Sunita who was always by his side and motivated him to carry out his duty to the nation selflessly and fearlessly.
SEPOY GANESAN G
* Sepoy Ganesan G was a highly enthusiastic and energetic young soldier who became part of the 19th Battalion the Madras Regiment on 05 Apr 2010. He hailed from the Madurai district of Tamil Nadu Sepoy Ganesan was always full of confidence and patriotism.
* He has been instrumental in motivating his peers to perform well by setting personal example to them. During his illustrious career spanning over six years, Sepoy Ganesan G served in Counter Insurgency Operations both in Jammu and Kashmir and the North East. In addition to being a thoroughly professional soldier, he was also an outstanding sportsman.
* In the month of Aug 2015, when the Battalion inducted into the highest battle field in the world, the Siachen Glacier, he was the youngest blood to be chosen to guard our frontiers at the important Sonam Post at freezing temperatures. His attitude speaks volumes about his courage and the indomitable spirit he had.
* He was a jovial person who was eager to taken on any task, He was a source of inspiration for his subordinates and was respected by one and all in the Battalion. Inspired by him, his younger brother also joined Army to serve the motherland. He is survived his parents and younger brother .
SEPOY (NURSING ASSISTANT) A SURYAVNSHI SV
Sepoy/Nursing Assistant Suryavanshi SV was born on 25 May 1991 at Village Maskarwadi, District Satara (Maharashtra). After finishing his school from Dahiwadi College District Satara with good marks in science subjects, Suryavanshi opted to join the Indian Army, and were selected as a Nursing Assistant in Army Medical Corps on 30 Sep 2010.
The soldier completed his basic training from Army Medical Corps Center & College on 09 Apr 2011 & got his first posting at Command Hospital, Eastern Command, to finish class III trade test. After that, Sepoy Nursing Assistant Suryavanshi SV joined 410 Field Hospital on permanent posting on 29 Jun 2013.
Since the past two and half years, the soldier has served his motherland with lot of enthusiasm and zeal, which the nation expects from men in uniform. He has managed the responsibility of Medical Inspection Rooms located in various difficult in Operation Meghdoot on 06 Oct 2015.
Sepoy/Nursing Assistant Suryavanshi was a soft spoken, social person and was liked by all members of the unit for his cheerful nature. He used to take a part in various organised games and took pro-active part in various extra-curricular in the unit.
The soldier has survived by his wife, daughter and parents.