The Shiv Sena wrote a letter to Finance Minister Arun Jaitley on Saturday, seeking an extension for the use of demonetised notes till December 30. “Our demand is that the government should extend the time limit on the usage of these notes for paying household utility bills, fuel, taxes and fees till 30th December 2016,” a signed letter released by Shiv Sena’s Rajya Sabha MPs Sanjay Raut and Anil Desai said.
Watch What Else is Making News
The letter also states that use of old currency should be allowed at government hospitals, public transport, Railways, along with airline tickets, milk booths, crematoriums and petrol pumps till December 30th.
“It is our humble request to not criminalise the citizens and add to the woes of the common people, that they have enough of. The government should have given enough time to the citizens and taken them into confidence as this a a democratic country,” the letter read.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More