Taking a jibe at BJP over Maharashtra Minister Rajkumar Badole’s remarks that Maratha Morchas are successful due to the money power involved, Shiv Sena on Tuesday said the ruling party should clarify if the rallies of its central leaders are conducted in the same manner. Badole, who holds Social Justice portfolio, had recently said at an event in Aurangabad, “Whoever comes up nowadays, stages protests and demands reservations. Their agitations draw crowds as they have more money.”
Watch what else is making news
In an editorial in its mouthpiece ‘Saamana’, Sena said, “Badole has tried to clarify his remarks by saying that he did not speak about Marathas in particular but was only talking about the general situation in rallies. If that is true, then what about Amit Shah’s rallies, where he is sweating it out to bring in crowds as part of his UP poll campaign?”
“What about Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who attracts large crowds at his gathering? BJP should clarify if these leaders pay money to people,” Sena asked.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The ruling ally said Badole has done “injustice” to the Maratha community by alleging that money is being paid to people for being present at the silent rallies.
“Maratha rallies are successful due to discipline, making proper use of the media, good administrators and their anger towards the dispensation. Badole’s comments will only add to the woes of the BJP,” Sena said.
Ministers in the BJP-led state government instead of making such comments should rather focus on the reasons for which the community was forced to demand reservations, it said.
“Words that may cause social disharmony should not be spoken and care should be taken to ensure communities do not fight with other communities,” it said.