Hours after Revenue Minister Eknath Khadse filed his resignation, the Shiv Sena hit out at its ally BJP and asked the ruling party to clarify its stand of having given a clean chit to Khadse in corruption allegations and standing behind him.
“State BJP president Raosaheb Danve was seen giving clean chit to Khadse only a few days ago. Danve even insisted the same on Saturday when Khadse resigned. If Khadse has done no wrong, why did he have to resign? It would be good if BJP clarifies their stand on the issue,” said Shiv Sena MP Sanjay Raut.
- My patience has limits but I won’t quit BJP, says Eknath Khadse
- Don’t force me to quit BJP: Khadse in Jalgaon
- Shiv Sena asks PM Modi, Amit Shah to clarify Pravin Togadia’s claims
- Probe into FIR against Eknath Khadse will continue: Devendra Fadnavis
- His plot finally unravels, Maharashtra’s revenue minister Eknath Khadse loses his job
- Shiv Sena seeks Eknath Khadse’s resignation
Following Khadse’s resignation, the BJP office in Jalgaon, Khadse’s hometown, wore a deserted look. His supporters in Muktainagar Assembly constituency held a rasta roko and burnt some tyres in a show of strength.
On the other hand, Shiv Sena activists in Jalgaon celebrated his resignation by bursting fire crackers and distributing sweets.
Sena leaders have been in a long-standing rivalry with Khadse in Jalgaon, leading to enthusiastic celebrations over his resignation.