Shiv Sena President Uddhav Thackeray will hold talks with rebel RSS leader Subhash Velingkar on October 16 for firming up an alliance with his recently launched party Goa Suraksha Manch (GSM) for the upcoming Goa Assembly polls.
Velingkar has announced plans to contest the Assembly elections scheduled early next year.
“Thackeray, during his Goa visit, will meet Subhash Velingkar on October 16 and their discussion would revolve around forging an alliance with GSM for the upcoming polls,” Goa Shiv Sena chief Sudip Tamankar told reporters.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Shiv Sena has already submitted a proposal for tie-up with GSM, he said, adding the saffron outfit has laid claim on 20 of the 40 Assembly constituencies, but seat-sharing can be discussed once alliance is finalised, he said.
Velingkar is campaigning, under the banner of Bharatiya Bhasha Suraksha Manch (BBSM), for regional languages as medium of instruction in Goa schools. GSM is an off-shoot of BBSM. His campaign has caused a rift between him, ruling BJP and also RSS.
Thackeray, whose party is an ally of BJP in Maharashtra and also at the Centre, will arrive in Goa on October 15 evening. Later, he will hold a meeting with shortlisted candidates in a five-star resort near.
The Sena chief would address party workers on October 16 at Porvorim village near here before meeting Velingkar in the afternoon.
During his visit, Thackeray would be hosting a dinner for editors of newspapers and news channels in the State.
He will conclude his visit on October 17 after addressing a press conference.