A 30-YEAR-OLD woman was allegedly gangraped inside a private bus by the bus conductor and helper in Shishgarh town, about 50 kilometres from Bareilly, on Monday night. During the scuffle, the woman’s 15-day-old son reportedly fell from her lap and died.
The bus conductor, Ishwari Prasad, and helper, Shiv Kumar, both residents of Bareilly district, have been arrested and booked under IPC Sections 376-D (gangrape) and 304 (culpable homicide not amounting to murder).
According to the police, the incident occurred at the bus station in Shishgarh, at about 9:30 pm. The woman was on her way to Rampur, via Bareilly.
Bareilly Additional SP (Rural) Yamuna Prasad said the woman, a resident of Rampur, had gone to Shishgarh to visit her sister.
“Her child had been sick for sometime and she went to visit her sister to meet a tantrik. She was returning to Rampur when she met the two accused at the bus station. She was allegedly raped inside the bus at the bus station. Later, she found her child dead,” said Prasad.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
He said the woman lodged a police complaint on Tuesday morning, after which an FIR was registered and the accused persons were arrested. The woman has been sent for medical examination, said Prasad, adding that they are yet to get the infant’s autopsy report.
The woman’s husband works as a labourer in Rampur, said police.
Shishgarh station officer Surendra Singh Panwar said the woman had left her home in Rampur district a few days ago. The woman was returning from Khajuria village in Shahi police station area, where her sister lives.
“She reached Shishgarh on Monday evening. At the bus station, from where she was to catch a bus to Bareilly, she met the two accused,” he said.