A 30-YEAR-OLD woman was allegedly gangraped inside a private bus by the bus conductor and helper in Shishgarh town, about 50 kilometres from Bareilly, on Monday night. During the scuffle, the woman’s 15-day-old son reportedly fell from her lap and died.
The bus conductor, Ishwari Prasad, and helper, Shiv Kumar, both residents of Bareilly district, have been arrested and booked under IPC Sections 376-D (gangrape) and 304 (culpable homicide not amounting to murder).
According to the police, the incident occurred at the bus station in Shishgarh, at about 9:30 pm. The woman was on her way to Rampur, via Bareilly.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Bareilly Additional SP (Rural) Yamuna Prasad said the woman, a resident of Rampur, had gone to Shishgarh to visit her sister.
“Her child had been sick for sometime and she went to visit her sister to meet a tantrik. She was returning to Rampur when she met the two accused at the bus station. She was allegedly raped inside the bus at the bus station. Later, she found her child dead,” said Prasad.
He said the woman lodged a police complaint on Tuesday morning, after which an FIR was registered and the accused persons were arrested. The woman has been sent for medical examination, said Prasad, adding that they are yet to get the infant’s autopsy report.
The woman’s husband works as a labourer in Rampur, said police.
Shishgarh station officer Surendra Singh Panwar said the woman had left her home in Rampur district a few days ago. The woman was returning from Khajuria village in Shahi police station area, where her sister lives.
“She reached Shishgarh on Monday evening. At the bus station, from where she was to catch a bus to Bareilly, she met the two accused,” he said.