Mumbai court extends judicial custody of Indrani Mukerjea, prime accused in the murder of her daughter Sheena Bora, till October 19 on Monday.
Indrani Mukerjea’s former husband Sanjeev Khanna and her driver Shyam Rai also got an extension till Oct 19.
Mukerjea regained consciousness Sunday and was “out of danger” as she responded to the treatment. 48-year-old Mukerjea was on Friday rushed to JJ hospital from Byculla jail in an unconscious condition after she allegedly took an overdose of anti-depressant pills.
“Indrani continues to be in a state of consciousness from yesterday. Most probably we may start giving her oral strips for further round of treatment,” Dr T P Lahane, Dean of state run J J Hospital, said.
To a query whether police may quiz Indrani today, Lahane said till now doctors treating her have not permitted her questioning.
Hospital sources, however, said that if Indrani is in a state to speak, police may be allowed to question her later in the day.
- Sheena Bora case: HC rejects Peter Mukerjea’s plea for police diary
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani’s plea seeking Peter’s CDRs rejected
- Sheena Bora murder case: Court junks Indrani’s plea for Peter Mukerjea’s call records
- Sheena Bora murder case: Shyamvar Rai ‘can’t recollect’ nature of talk with her boyfriend
- Sheena Bora murder: CBI seeks court’s permission for Indrani Mukerjea’s voice sampling test
- Sheena Bora Murder Case: Court Extends Indrani Mukerjea’s Judicial Custody Till Oct 19
She may also be shifted back to jail by tomorrow or Wednesday evening, sources added.
Lahane on Saturday had said a report on Indrani’s urine samples from Hinduja Hospital laboratory confirmed that level of benzodiazepine — an anti depressant — was found raised.
Indrani’s lawyer had moved a local court on Saturday seeking permission to meet her in the hospital and the court sought a report on her health condition.
Wife of media baron Peter Mukerjea, Indrani was arrested by Khar Police on August 25 for her alleged role in the murder of Sheena, 24, her daughter from an earlier marriage, in 2012.
Sheena was allegedly kidnapped from outside National College in Bandra and strangled to death in a car by Indrani, her former husband Sanjeev Khanna and driver Shyamvar Rai.