Fossil fuel is a waste collected from households, answered the teacher of a state-run high school to a question from Udhampur deputy commissioner Shahid Iqbal Choudhary.
Posted at the Government High School in Udhampur town, the teacher holds MA and BEd degrees. She was called after none of the Class X students could answer Choudhary’s question.
Choudhary’s visit was part of an education audit of schools run by the state government to check preparedness of students before they take the upcoming annual exam and to examine the level of teaching in schools — teachers’ skills and their knowledge base.
For 193 students, the Udhampur school has 17 teachers, holding graduate and postgraduate degrees.
- No teachers or roads, protest only option for these students
- Udhampur: Reports link teachers, political workers to protest by students; govt orders probe
- Wrong notes: The reality of government schools in Udhampur
- Fossil fuel is waste we throw out of our house: J&K science teacher
- DC quizzes govt school teachers, finds midday meal too spicy
- In Kanpur,women ready to teach for free in govt schools
Choudhary also asked a question on the ten parts of the human digestive system. To his surprise, neither the students nor their science teacher could answer. In this case, the teacher held MSc and MEd degrees.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The students could not even answer how to measure a triangle’s area. Their mathematics teacher, also a postgraduate, could not explain it either.
With the students failing to answer basic questions, the DC ordered withholding the salaries of all the teachers found lacking in knowledge of the subject they teach. He ordered them to enhance the quality of education till a review is conducted after a month, failing which departmental action for incompetence and negligence shall be initiated.
The staff under the scanner include zonal education officer Kamlesh Kumari, headmaster Shashi Kiran.
Sources said most of the teachers hailed from families of senior bureaucrats and leading businessmen.
Similarly, in the Government Girls’ High School in the town, the DC found the level of teaching far below expectations. The school has 18 teachers for only 86 students.
Shocked over the failure of teachers to answer basic questions of subjects they hold degrees in, Choudhary asked the Chief Education Officer to initiate action against them.