After union minister VK Singh sparked row by asking to investigate the mental condition of the ex-soldier who allegedly committed suicide over OROP, Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar gave fodder to the Opposition by saying that those who commit suicide cannot be called Shaheed.
“Shaheed are those who lay down their lives at the border, not who commit suicide,” ANI quoted Khattar as saying.
Ex-serviceman Ram Kishan Grewal on Tuesday allegedly committed suicide in protest against the “non-implementation” of One Rank One Pension (OROP) scheme.
Reacting to his death, Minister of State for External Affairs VK Singh raised questions over how Grewal was able to procure Sulfas tablets and claimed that his issue was with the bank and not with OROP. “His issue was with the bank and not with OROP. Also, how did he procure Sulpha tablets and who gave it to him?” said Singh. If Grewal had reached out to us and didn’t get help, then it was our fault, Singh added.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
Singh also claimed that he was a Congress worker who became Sarpanch after contesting on the party ticket. “He was a Congress worker who fought the Sarpanch election on party ticket. His suicide is unfortunate,” V K Singh said.
Congress has lashed out at Singh for the ‘mental state’ remark with senior leader Raj Babbar saying it’s shameful that such a person writes ‘General’ before his name.