On DGP Punjab Suresh Arora’s intervention, an Akali Dal panchayat member, his son and two more person were booked for allegedly sexually harassing a young woman of village Nurpur under Maksudan police station. The case was registered six days after the reported incident.
On Dussehra Akali panchayat member Arjun Tiwari, his son Sanjay Tiwari, and Krishna Tiwari and Sudesh Kumari held the alleged victim hostage in their house.
During her confinement, they allegedly sexually assaulted her. The girl was later freed with the help of police, family said. It is claimed that the police did not register a case against the accused and instead put pressure on the girl and her family to come to a compromise with the accused. The matter was brought to the notice of DIG (Jalandhar range) and Punjab DGP by former BJP leader Krishan Lal Sharma.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Sharma said that accused were booked only after DGP Arora intervened.
SSP (Rural) Rajinder Singh, who booked the accused, told The Indian Express that he had only recently taken charge after his predecessor was transferred.
The victim alleged that the attack was the second such attack against her involving Sanjay .
Krishan Lal Sharma said that on the one hand Punjab government is promoting “Nanhi Chhan”, an organisation working to save girl child and women safety, but on the other side Punjab Police has become insensitive towards women safety.