On DGP Punjab Suresh Arora’s intervention, an Akali Dal panchayat member, his son and two more person were booked for allegedly sexually harassing a young woman of village Nurpur under Maksudan police station. The case was registered six days after the reported incident.
On Dussehra Akali panchayat member Arjun Tiwari, his son Sanjay Tiwari, and Krishna Tiwari and Sudesh Kumari held the alleged victim hostage in their house.
During her confinement, they allegedly sexually assaulted her. The girl was later freed with the help of police, family said. It is claimed that the police did not register a case against the accused and instead put pressure on the girl and her family to come to a compromise with the accused. The matter was brought to the notice of DIG (Jalandhar range) and Punjab DGP by former BJP leader Krishan Lal Sharma.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Sharma said that accused were booked only after DGP Arora intervened.
SSP (Rural) Rajinder Singh, who booked the accused, told The Indian Express that he had only recently taken charge after his predecessor was transferred.
The victim alleged that the attack was the second such attack against her involving Sanjay .
Krishan Lal Sharma said that on the one hand Punjab government is promoting “Nanhi Chhan”, an organisation working to save girl child and women safety, but on the other side Punjab Police has become insensitive towards women safety.