• Associate Sponsor

Bengaluru: Seven arrested for hacking accounts with banking apps

By: Express News Service | Bengaluru | Updated: January 13, 2016 6:30 am

Seven people from Telangana, including an Axis Bank deputy manager, have been arrested by the cyber crime police in Bengaluru for allegedly hacking into people’s bank accounts using mobile banking apps and stealing money. The accused had hacked Axis Bank’s mobile wallet app LIME and SBI’s Buddy app, said the police.

Those arrested have been identified as G Gopalakrishna alias Gopi (30), deputy manager of Axis Bank’s Peddapalli branch in the Karimnagar district of Telangana, V Nageshwara Reddy (27), G Veerabrahmam alias Rohit Sharma alias Premanand alias Premkumar (23), CH Ramana alias Ramana Reddy (45), N Ramesh (30), CS Padmaja (35) and her brother CS Kiran (33).

According to the police, the gang obtained bank account details of its victims, including their mobile phone numbers, and then obtained duplicate SIM cards in the names of the customers by filing fake police reports about the loss of SIM cards. Using the duplicate SIM cards, the gang then transferred funds from the victim’s bank accounts to their own fake mobile numbers using mobile banking apps. The gang later withdrew the stolen money through Axis Bank ATMs.

Police said Gopi provided details of accounts of customers with large balances in Axis Bank branches in Karnataka while Nageshwara Reddy and Anand obtained duplicate SIM cards. They also changed mobile plans from prepaid to postpaid.

The activities of the gang came to light after a retired chairman and MD of National Hydro Electric Power Corporation S R Narasimhan approached the cyber crime police in Bengaluru and filed a complaint that on December 29, 2015, his mobile number was found terminated. His Axis Bank savings account had been hacked into and Rs 1,80,375 debited through 17 transactions between December 4 and December 5, 2015.

The retired official also reported that his mobile connection had changed from prepaid to postpaid without his knowledge. The CID police in Karnataka formed a team headed by cyber crime deputy superintendent of police M D Sharath to investigate the case.

“The investigation has revealed that the gang also hacked the SBI Buddy application and transferred money. Some cases in this connection have been registered in Telangana and Andhra Pradesh. They also committed similar offences in Tamil Nadu. We have shared information about the gang with our counterparts,” a police officer said.
The police suspect that the gang might be involved in similar cases in Karnataka.

1. T
    Tom
    Feb 15, 2018 at 8:55 pm
    Hello everyone, am new here and i want to share this with you all on how i recently made $5,000.00 US dollars for myself through paper hack from: liquidwormhackers .
    (0)(0)
    1. Jarky mark
      Jan 9, 2018 at 9:18 pm
      Hello Everybody I discovered my boyfriend was dating a colleague in his workplace. I tried everything I could to catch him red handed,but I couldn't succeed. I figured the only way I could get him was to hack his facebook and email account. A friend suggested I should contact authentichacker. I decided to give it a try,after we agreed on what to do,few days later he handed me my boyfriend's facebook and email login details. A very smart hacker. You can contact him at (authentichacker outlook )
      (0)(0)
      1. hackerscommander
        Oct 5, 2017 at 9:09 pm
        REQUIRE SERVICES OF A PROFESSIONAL HACKER hackerscommander is the lead way to various hacking exploration and I am the master in charge and with me everything is possible, my job is with 100 guarantee and the security of my client is my upmost priority. contact me for the following Services: University grades changing / Admin(staff) account hack -professional hacking into ins utional servers -keylogging -University grades changing / Admin(staff) account hack -Access/Password (facebook, instagram, bbm,Skype, snapchat, twitter, badoo, Word Press,zoosk, various blogs, icloud, apple accounts etc.) -clearing of criminal records -email accounts hack ( ,yahoomail,hotmail ) -breach of web host servers -Databases hack -Individual computers hack -application cracks -Burner Numbers hack -Tracking of Scammer Accounts -Password retrieval to any portal site (Username and password) You can reach us anytime via our Contact mail:hackerscommander ?
        (0)(0)
        1. J
          Jessica Wessner
          Sep 13, 2017 at 5:51 pm
          I've lost a lot of money to fake hackers, I almost gave up on hiring a hacker.It's just so painful when you're duped over and over again but no more after I contacted blackbutcher.hacker AT outlook DOT com. I wanted to confirm if my husband was cheating so I decided to get his social accounts hacked. I fell victim for some of these scammers but I finally met blackbutcher.hacker AT outlook DOT com. I read a lot of reviews about him which people were saying a lot of good things about different types of hacks he does like phone, , bank account, school grades and so on. I gave him a try. He delivered at a very fast time and affordable rate. Contact through mail blackbutcher.hacker AT outlook and you'll be a happy customer just like me 0r (760) 348-8356 0
          (0)(0)
            prominent hackers
            Sep 6, 2017 at 4:52 am
            We are special hackers which have a spare master key that no one has. at prominenthackers08 we can hack anything. We are totally secured and your security comes first. we are best in our jobs which are . Change School Grades . Bank jobs, Flipping cash . Hack and control any robot . Database hack . Remove Criminal Records 0-Long time Loan 1-facebook hack 2- hack 3-whatsapp hack 4- hack 5-tracking calls 6-online hacking lectures 7-phone clone 8-online records changes 9-retrival of hacked social media accounts 10- university grades 11- android and iphone hack 12- twitter hack 13- hack If you are looking for a professional Hacker that specialized in school grade change then contact us at prominenthackers08
            (0)(0)