Security was stepped up in the national capital on Saturday in the wake of the terrorist attack at an Air Force Base in Pathankot, that left four attackers and two IAF personnel killed. It was significantly heightened at the airport, railway stations, bus stands and other vital installations in the city.
Vigil was also heightened in several areas, including popular market places, in South Delhi, Central Delhi and the VIP movement zone in Lutyen’s Delhi, a senior police official said. Special Police Commissioner (Law and Order) is taking stock of the situation.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Sleuths of Crime Branch and special cell of Delhi Police have also been roped in and the security unit has been asked to form a strategy in connection with potential threats to VIPs in the national capital, the official said.
Local police have been asked to remain extra vigilant and SWAT team and quick response team have also been deployed in several parts of the city for quick response in cases an emergency situation arises, the senior official added.
Suspected Pakistani terrorists attacked an Air Force Base in Pathankot in the wee hours, triggering an encounter in which four attackers and two IAF personnel were killed and six security men injured.