Security was stepped up in the national capital on Saturday in the wake of the terrorist attack at an Air Force Base in Pathankot, that left four attackers and two IAF personnel killed. It was significantly heightened at the airport, railway stations, bus stands and other vital installations in the city.
Vigil was also heightened in several areas, including popular market places, in South Delhi, Central Delhi and the VIP movement zone in Lutyen’s Delhi, a senior police official said. Special Police Commissioner (Law and Order) is taking stock of the situation.
Sleuths of Crime Branch and special cell of Delhi Police have also been roped in and the security unit has been asked to form a strategy in connection with potential threats to VIPs in the national capital, the official said.
Local police have been asked to remain extra vigilant and SWAT team and quick response team have also been deployed in several parts of the city for quick response in cases an emergency situation arises, the senior official added.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Suspected Pakistani terrorists attacked an Air Force Base in Pathankot in the wee hours, triggering an encounter in which four attackers and two IAF personnel were killed and six security men injured.