Security has been ramped up in the state capital in view of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit on Friday. Modi is scheduled to arrive at the airport around 4 pm and thereafter will head to address an ex-servicemen (Sainik) Sammelan at Lal Parade Ground, an official of the Public Relation Department said.
He will meet the Jain saint Acharya Vidhyasagarji Maharaj at a Jain temple. Later, the Prime Minister will inaugurate the Shourya Smarak built at Arera Hills spread over an area of 12.67 acre land and constructed with a cost of Rs 41 crore.
He will remain in Bhopal for nearly three hours before leaving for his onward destination, the official said. Bhopal Deputy Inspector General of Police (DIG) Raman Singh Sikarwar said 5,000 policemen have been deployed at the airport, route and the venue of the three events.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
He said police were keeping an eye at public places like stations, bus stands, hotels and hostels. Sikarwar said vehicles entering into the district are being searched, while security drills are also being carried out.