Security forces have arrested two cadres of NSCN (IM) from Miao in Changlang district of Arunachal Pradesh, a police official said today.
NSCN (IM) cadres were arrested in a joint operation by police and Assam Rifles at Miao on Thursday, SDPO John Pada said.
Watch what else is making news
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
In the joint operation, two hardcore rebels of the outfit namely, self-styled Pvt Lungseng Jugli and Khumvi Mossang, were arrested, police said, adding both the cadres are from New Plone village in the area.
Suspected brown sugar packets weighing 7gms along with some cash, three mobile phones, five sim cards and extortion notebook were recovered from their possession.
The area has been in news recently due to rampant extortion and threats to businessmen, government servants and villagers by various insurgent groups.
A case has been registered against the accused, police said, adding that operation is on to arrest other members of the outfit.