Road Transport and Highways and Shipping Minister Nitin Gadkari on Sunday said a sea place service will be soon launched from Ambajhari lake here to Shirdi via Anand Sagar Lake in Shegaon. The sea plane will fly in the morning and return the same day. The sea plane has been launched to benefit the people in and around Nagpur who visit these two pilgrim sites, Gadkari said at a function.
There is a shrine of Sai Baba in Shirdi in Ahmednagar district of Maharashtra while in Shegaon there is ‘Gajanan Maharaj Samadhi Mandir’.
Gadkari along with Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis performed ‘bhoomipoojan’ of network of cement concrete roads.
The two BJP leaders vowed to make Maharashtra’s second capital a top city in the country with number of development works.
Fadnavis said these cement concrete roads will last for at least 50 years.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The cement roads worth Rs 1,000 crores are being constructed in the city, including Rs 300 crore cement roads in South-West Assembly constituency which is represented by Fadnavis himself.
The Metro Rail work is also in full swing and by 2019, Nagpur will be a developed in to a global city, said the Chief Minister.
Gadkari also said tar roads are not suitable for Nagpur and don’t last long hence cement roads are being constructed by the Nagpur Improvement Trust and the Nagpur Municipal Corporation (NMC).
The soil will be tested before taking up cement roads, he added.
Road works to the tune of Rs 28 crores was already undertaken during the last two-and-half-year regime of BJP-SS, he said.