With the involvement of a teacher’s family coming to light in connection with the murder of 12-year-old student, Binay Mahato, the administration of Sapphire International School (SIS) has decided to get all the teachers verified by the police. They would be sending files of each and every teacher, besides that of security guards, for police verification.
SIS principal Dhruva Sen said: “Everybody is welcome to join our School. But we do not want any ‘blot’ to remain on the campus. That is why we have decided to send all the files of the teachers to get their backgrounds checked. Similarly, we will also get the security guards verified.”
- Ranchi student murder: School slaps notice on 3 officials, sacks 3 security guards
- Ranchi student murder: Sapphire school holds meet with parents
- Ranchi murder accused slaps cop
- Ranchi: ‘Teacher’s son killed 12-yr-old, family covered it up’
- Ranchi school student death: Police yet to reach any conclusion
- Ranchi student’s death: I am sure teachers did something sinister, says father
Sen added that the three teachers, who were initially picked up by the police on suspicion of their involvment in the murder case; would be welcomed back. And, in a bid to re-integrate them with the School, they would be put through counseling. “In fact, we have been having students’ counseling regularly. Now, teachers would also be counseled,” he said. The three teachers have been released by the police. However, they have not yet returned to their accommodation.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Asked about android-based cameras, which do not record visuals in the absence of light, being installed as substitute for CCTV, the Principal said that plan was afoot to replace them with proper CCTV cameras. Also, the number of private security guards would be increased, he added. Sen added that the administration was trying to re-start the School by Monday, next.
Meanwhile, Prahlad Modi, brother of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, on Thursday met Binay’s father Man Bahal Mahato and his family at their ancestral village, Chanda Ghasi. He told mediapersons that he had come to console the family and appealed to the family to have faith in the system. However, he assured that he would convey the message to the PM regarding the family’s demand for a CBI inquiry.
It may be recalled that, on February 5, Binay Mahato, a student of Class 7, was found lying injured in the teachers’ flats area in SIS in the early hours. He died on way to hospital. The police have arrested a Hindi teacher, her husband and their two minor children in connection with the murder. The teacher’s son had assaulted Binay after an argument over latter’s friendship with the younger sister of the accused. The family was involved in destroying the evidence.