The Supreme Court Thursday directed social activist Teesta Setalvad and her husband to cooperate with the agencies probing the two criminal cases against them. The court also extended interim bail to the couple till March 18.
Teesta and her husband Javed Anand have been named as accused in cases of alleged embezzlement of funds and violation of Foreign Contribution Regulation Act (FCRA).
While Gujarat Police is probing alleged embezzlement of funds collected to build a museum at Ahmedabad’s Gulbarg Society, which was devastated in the 2002 riots, the CBI is investigating allegations of FCRA violations by Sabrang Communications and Publishing Pvt Ltd, run by the couple, in utilisation of funds received from the Ford Foundation.
During the hearing, the CBI and Gujarat police told the bench that Teesta and her husband were not cooperating with the investigators and had not handed over relevant documents.
Responding to the claim, Teesta’s counsel claimed that the investigators were making the allegation since the probe was not suiting them. The bench then directed Teesta and Javed to supply the documents.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More