An engineering student reportedly committed suicide at his rented accommodation in Vijayawada Saturday night. Puvala Prem Prasad, 22, studied at Nova Engineering College in the city. He did not leave any suicide note.
The fourth-year student of Electrical and Electronics Engineering was not doing well in studies and was depressed about it, according to his roommate Manideep Kumar.
Prem Prasad failed in four subjects out of 12 in the first year, and failed several subjects again in the second and third year. He had a backlog of 11 subjects and was expecting the results of supplementary exams next week. He was also depressed after his parents passed away in 2013 and 2014, his brother Puvala Nagarjuna told Ibrahimpatnam police inspector D Chavan.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Prem Prasad, who belongs to the Madiga SC community, hails from Vallur village of Kapileshwaram mandal of East Godavari district. The police said his five roommates had gone to their native places for Pongal holidays when the incident happened.
“Prem Prasad and Manideep returned to Vijayawada two days ago while the other three students are expected on Monday. On Saturday, Prem and Manideep went to college but Prem returned early. When Manideep returned at 1 am, he knocked but there was no answer. The houseowners pried open a window and saw Prem Prasad hanging from the fan. We broke open the door but he was already dead,’’ Inspector Chavan said.