An engineering student reportedly committed suicide at his rented accommodation in Vijayawada Saturday night. Puvala Prem Prasad, 22, studied at Nova Engineering College in the city. He did not leave any suicide note.
The fourth-year student of Electrical and Electronics Engineering was not doing well in studies and was depressed about it, according to his roommate Manideep Kumar.
Prem Prasad failed in four subjects out of 12 in the first year, and failed several subjects again in the second and third year. He had a backlog of 11 subjects and was expecting the results of supplementary exams next week. He was also depressed after his parents passed away in 2013 and 2014, his brother Puvala Nagarjuna told Ibrahimpatnam police inspector D Chavan.
- Dean Elgar backs new opening partner Aiden Markram as the real deal
- WATCH: This hilarious video on 'types of autowalas' is on point!
- These hilarious tweets by Bengaluru Police with Titanic and John Cena are hilarious!
- Haseena Parkar box office collection day 4: Will Shraddha Kapoor film see better days?
- Celebrity spotting: Kareena Kapoor Khan, Karisma Kapoor, Taapsee Pannu and Aamir Khan rock airport look
- Sourav Kothari wins gold in billiards in Asian Indoor Games
Prem Prasad, who belongs to the Madiga SC community, hails from Vallur village of Kapileshwaram mandal of East Godavari district. The police said his five roommates had gone to their native places for Pongal holidays when the incident happened.
“Prem Prasad and Manideep returned to Vijayawada two days ago while the other three students are expected on Monday. On Saturday, Prem and Manideep went to college but Prem returned early. When Manideep returned at 1 am, he knocked but there was no answer. The houseowners pried open a window and saw Prem Prasad hanging from the fan. We broke open the door but he was already dead,’’ Inspector Chavan said.