A leader of a caste-based outfit was arrested in Tirunelveli in the wee hours of Sunday in connection with the “ransacking” of the house of a lawyer who is representing the two women domestic aides in the sexual harassment case against expelled AIADMK MP L Sasikala Pushpa and her family members. State co-ordinator of ‘Nadar Makkal Sakthi’ Hari Nadar, an “associate” of Pushpa, was taken into custody by the police from a hotel, on a complaint from lawyer Suganthi Jaison that she suspected his role behind the October 11 “attack” on her house and subsequent “threat calls” to her, police said.
In her complaint, Jaison has sought action against the gang which had “ransacked” her house here during her absence. She has also sought protection for herself and her clients. The gang had broken a television set, refrigerator, car and furniture at the lawyer’s house. Jaison has also alleged that she is getting “threatening” phone calls and that she suspected Hari Nadar to be behind the attack and the threats.
Hari Nadar had accompanied Pushpa when she appeared before the police in neighbouring Tuticorin District on October 3 for interrogation regarding the sexual harassment complaint given against her and her family members by the two domestic aides. He had also accompanied her during her appearance before the Madurai bench of the Madras High Court for anticipatory bail.
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
While the High Court rejected Pushpa’s bail plea, the Supreme Court gave her protection from arrest and on September 26, directed her to join the police investigation. A case has recently been registered against Pushpa and some of her family members for alleged sexual harassment of their maids in 2001.