Senior IAS officer S N Sahai will stay with the Delhi government for now as the Centre on Thursday cancelled his appointment as Additional Secretary in Commerce Ministry. Prime Minister Narendra Modi-led Appointments Committee of Cabinet has cancelled the appointment of Sahai as Additional Secretary in Ministry of Commerce and Industry, an order issued by Department of Personnel and Training said, without citing any reason.
Sahai is presently working as Principal Secretary, Finance, in Delhi government. He was in September appointed as Additional Secretary in the Commerce Ministry by the DoPT which has now been cancelled.
Sahai, a 1986-batch IAS officer of Union territories cadre, was first transfered to Goa as Chief Secretary in March this year, but later the order was revised and he was posted in the Commerce Ministry.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Transfer and posting of officers has been a major bone of contention between Arvind Kejriwal-led AAP government and the Centre. Recently, the Centre had also declined posting of Indian Forest Service officer Sanjiv Chaturvedi as Officer on Special Duty to Kejriwal citing service rules.
Kejriwal has been repeatedly seeking Chaturvedi’s appointment in his personal staff and had also requested the Prime Minister in this regard.