A DAY after an RSS functionary was killed in Shivajinagar area, in the heart of bengaluru, the city police said six different teams are probing the case, and are studying “communal crimes” with similar modus operandi to trace the two absconding suspects, even as a BJP MP saw a “larger conspiracy” in the murder.
R Rudresh, who was the RSS secretary of Shivajinagar area, was hacked to death by a blow on his neck with a machete around Sunday noon. The two assailants, on a motorcycle, sped off after the attack.
The BJP had called a bandh in Shivajinagar on Monday to protest against the murder. Led by former deputy chief minister R Ashoka, BJP and RSS leaders and workers marched to the Commercial Street police station in Shivajinagar and demanded speedy investigation.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
“A series of murder of RSS workers has occurred around the country (in recent times). There seems to be a larger conspiracy,’’ Shobha Karandlaje, former state minister and Lok Sabha MP from Udupi, said at the protest rally.
Bengaluru police have sought records of a similar murder of an RSS activist, Raju, in Mysuru earlier this year to see whether the same people could be involved. Raju’s murder in March was detected in August this year following the arrest of one Abid Pasha, linked to a group called ‘Karnataka Forum for Dignity’. The police claim Pasha is involved in eight murders in Mysuru region.