RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat will go on a week-long tour to the United Kingdom next week, where he is scheduled to attend several programmes, including addressing a gathering of Hindus from Britain and Europe.
“I am flying to London on July 26 for a number of programmes lined up in the United Kingdom,” Bhagwat told PTI on the sidelines of a book release function here last night.
Bhagwat will attend the gathering of Hindus organised to mark the golden jubilee celebrations of the Hindu Swayamsevak Sangh (HSS), which draws inspiration from the RSS.
- Bhaiyyaji Joshi re-elected RSS general secretary for fourth time
- Mega Hindu congregation in Tripura last year was effective: RSS
- 25th Swayamsevak Samagam: Hindus have to unite, India’s responsibility is upon us, says RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat
- Adivasi our core identity, says Mohan Bhagwat at event boycotted by most tribal leaders
- Shankaracharya counters RSS chief’s claim that those born in India are Hindus
- Mohan Bhagwat joins 2,200 people for ‘MahaShibir’ in UK
“He will be at Hertfordshire County Showground near Luton on the outskirts of London for the maha shibir (mega camp), being held from July 29 to 31, which will launch the commencement of the year-long golden jubilee celebrations of the HSS,” RSS sources said.
This is the first time that the RSS chief would be addressing such a big gathering of Hindus in the UK, they added.
“The event will provide an opportunity of bringing all like-minded Hindus together from across the Europe, besides England. It will probably also help the new generation connect with their cultural heritage,” sources said.
According to them, it also helps them do social and community work, presenting a perfect model of the Hindu-family in each society to the outside world.