A Motor Accident Claims Tribunal (MACT) here has awarded over Rs 39 lakh to the kin of a man who was killed in a road mishap while travelling on a bike through Greater Noida in 2014.
“The kin of the deceased were able to prove that he suffered fatal injuries due to the rash and negligent driving of the respondent number 1 (truck driver),” MACT presiding officer Madhu Jain said.
The wife, two kids and the mother of the Uttar Pradesh resident Jitendra Kumar were awarded Rs 39,07,000 by the MACT after considering the loss of estate, consortium, dependency, future prospects, love and affection and number of dependents.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
The Tribunal directed Oriental Insurance Company Limited, insurer of the offending vehicle, to pay the amount to the 32-year-old victim’s family.
According to the petition filed by Kumar’s wife, Deepa, the mishap occurred on February 18, 2014, when the bike that Kumar was riding was knocked down by a negligently-driven truck near G B Nagar in Greater Noida.
The driver and the owner of the truck rejected the claim of the petitioners and contended that the case against them was false, frivolous, vexatious and malafide, but they had not produced any evidence to support their claim.