A sum of Rs two crore was on Wednesday seized from the residence and other premises of a DMK candidate and his son at Karur, a senior electoral officer said.
Income Tax authorities recovered the cash from the residence and other premises of Aravakurichi DMK candidate KC Palanichamy and his son KCP Shivaraman at Karur, the officer said.
- Tamil Nadu: I-T searches health minister’s home and three premises
- IT raids at 50 locations in Tamil Nadu, Rs 5.5 crore seized
- Income tax raid ends at Tamil Nadu Chief Secretary's house
- Deploy officials in Thanjavur from non-poll bound areas: DMK
- The crores EC seized before postponing polls to 2 Tamil Nadu seats
- DMK blames EC, AIADMK's malpractices for defeat
IT authorities had carried out the ‘raids’ on receiving information and a probe was on to ascertain the nature of the money seized, the officer said.
IT and electoral officials have been conducting searches at many places in the state to check inflow of illegal money.