A sum of Rs two crore was on Wednesday seized from the residence and other premises of a DMK candidate and his son at Karur, a senior electoral officer said.
Income Tax authorities recovered the cash from the residence and other premises of Aravakurichi DMK candidate KC Palanichamy and his son KCP Shivaraman at Karur, the officer said.
- AIADMK hit, DMK rattled as TTV Dinakaran wins RK Nagar seat
- DMK has emerged like "gold refined by fire": Stalin on 2G case
- Gujarat assembly elections 2017: Four inter-state border districts clock maximum liquor seizures
- Income Tax department claims Rs 1,430 cr seizures in raids on Sasikala kin, other premises
- Hunt on for unaccounted wealth at Sasikala's kin premises
- The crores EC seized before postponing polls to 2 Tamil Nadu seats
IT authorities had carried out the ‘raids’ on receiving information and a probe was on to ascertain the nature of the money seized, the officer said.
IT and electoral officials have been conducting searches at many places in the state to check inflow of illegal money.