Radhika, mother of Hyderabad university research scholar Rohith Vemula, on Saturday rejected the conclusions of the inquiry conducted by the one-man judicial commission set up by the HRD Ministry on January 28 this year, 11 days after Vemula killed himself in his hostel room. In its 41-page report was submitted by former Allahabad High Court judge A K Roopanwal in August, it has been stated that Rohit’s mother “branded” herself as Dalit to avail the benefits of reservation.
Radhika who was in Lucknow on Saturday said, “I am a Dalit and my son was a Dalit.” Radhika alleged that commission’s report was biased and its was drafted only to protect Union Ministers Smriti Irani, Bandaru Dattatreya, local BJP MLC Ramachandra Rao, University vice-chancellor Appa Rao and ABVP leader Sushil Kumar who were named in an FIR under SC/ST Prevention of Atrocities Act. Rohith’s friend Dontha Prashant, who accompanied to Radhika in Lucknow visit, said that he had lodged that FIR.
Radhika said that the commission’s mandate was to inquire into the facts and circumstances leading to Vemula’s death but the probe was diverted towards caste.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“BJP government and RSS did a socio-political conspiracy against my son and other four students because they were propagating ideologies of Bhimrao Ambedkar. Now they are doing same conspiracy against me to tarnish my identity,” Radhika said while addressing a Rashtriya Chhatra Sansad organised by Arakshan Bachao Sangharsh Samiti, Uttar Pradesh.
Radhika said that she will move across UP and Punjab during upcoming Assembly elections and will campaign against BJP. “I wikll tell massses that BJP and Narendra Modi are anti-Dalit,” she said. Radhika said that she will not campaign in favour of any political party.
Radhika also said that will she will stage a protest soon to demanding the withdrawal of rustication of eight Dalit students of Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University, Lucknow.