Former TERI chief R K Pachauri was on Saturday summoned as accused by a Delhi court which took cognizance of a charge sheet filed against him for allegedly sexually harassing and outraging the modesty of an ex-colleague.
“The court is satisfied that there is sufficient material to proceed against accused R K Pachauri under sections 354-A, 354-B, 354-D, 509 and 341 of IPC. Cognizance taken accordingly … Let the accused be summoned for the next date i.e. July 11,” Metropolitan Magistrate Shivani Chauhan said.
Delhi Police had on March 1 filed an over 1,400-page charge sheet in the court against Pachauri under sections 354-A (sexual harassment), 354-B(assault or use of criminal force to woman with intent to disrobe), 354-D (stalking), 509(word, gesture or act intended to insult the modesty of a woman) and 341 (wrongful confinement) of the IPC.
- Seefund MD Mahesh Murthy booked after woman alleges sexual harassment
- Former TERI chief R K Pachauri allowed to travel abroad again
- Ex-TERI chief RK Pachauri granted bail, allowed to travel abroad
- RK Pachauri claims done no wrong after Delhi court takes cognizance of chargesheet
- Pachauri to stand trial in sexual harassment case
- Delhi Police FIR against R K Pachauri on charges of sexual harassment
“Charge sheet perused. Heard. There are allegations against the accused that he made sexually coloured remarks upon the complainant on several occasions. He touched the complainant inappropriately despite a clear expression of disapproval from her side. He sent inappropriate SMSes and WhatsApp messages to the complainant,” the Metropolitan Magistrate said.
The charge sheet arrayed 23 prosecution witnesses, many of whom are present and former employees of TERI. Pachauri was granted an anticipatory bail in the case on March 21, last year. On February 13, last year an FIR was registered against Pachauri on charges of sexual harassment under IPC sections 354, 354(a), 354(d) (molestation) and 506 (criminal intimidation).