Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief Lalu Prasad Yadav celebrated his 69th birthday at his home in Patna in Bihar.
He celebrated the special occassion with his family members, including his wife and daughter. He cut a cake after which his wife, Rabri Devi, presented him with a bouquet. Bihar CM Nitish Kumar was also present at his house.
Ahead of the Assembly election of November 2015, Nitish Kumar hitched his JD(U) to Lalu Prasad’s RJD, with the Congress the third wheel and the Mahagathbandhan or grand alliance was formed.
- Congress 'mortgaged' party to RJD in Bihar: Sushil Modi
- RJD chief Lalu Prasad Yadav takes a dig at Nitish Kumar, says one who leaves own people won't be taken by others
- Lalu Yadav accuses Bihar CM Nitish Kumar of murdering democracy
- Lalu Prasad Yadav takes on PM Modi over cow vigilantism in Bihar
- Nitish Kumar back as Bihar CM, Lalu Yadav sulks; all that happened after 'resignation drama'
- With Nitish back as CM with BJP support, RJD MLA says Tejashwi should have resigned to save Grand alliance
Nitish-Lalu Mahagathbandhan in Bihar remains one of the most watched political experiments in the country. In the face of a powerful and ascendant BJP, it has sparked possibilities in the opposition camp of a unity made up of strange alliances in other states and at the national level.
Within the Mahagathbandhan, RJD chief Lalu Prasad is the more keenly tracked partner, and his son, Tejashwi is a first time MLA and deputy chief minister in the Nitish government.