Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief Lalu Prasad Yadav celebrated his 69th birthday at his home in Patna in Bihar.
He celebrated the special occassion with his family members, including his wife and daughter. He cut a cake after which his wife, Rabri Devi, presented him with a bouquet. Bihar CM Nitish Kumar was also present at his house.
Ahead of the Assembly election of November 2015, Nitish Kumar hitched his JD(U) to Lalu Prasad’s RJD, with the Congress the third wheel and the Mahagathbandhan or grand alliance was formed.
- Nitish Kumar back as Bihar CM, Lalu Yadav sulks; all that happened after 'resignation drama'
- Bihar CM Nitish Kumar speaks to Tejashwi Yadav on sidelines of Cabinet meet
- Lalu Yadav celebrates 70th birthday, Nitish Kumar extends greetings
- RJD slams Nitish Kumar for seating Lalu Prasad in audience, says ‘mahagathbandhan’ not visible
- Nitish supports Modi on demonetisation: All well in Mahagathbandhan?
- Nitish and Lalu: A new embrace and an old association
Nitish-Lalu Mahagathbandhan in Bihar remains one of the most watched political experiments in the country. In the face of a powerful and ascendant BJP, it has sparked possibilities in the opposition camp of a unity made up of strange alliances in other states and at the national level.
Within the Mahagathbandhan, RJD chief Lalu Prasad is the more keenly tracked partner, and his son, Tejashwi is a first time MLA and deputy chief minister in the Nitish government.