The Muslim Rashtriya Manch (MRM), an affiliate of the RSS, is set to organise flag hoisting ceremonies at nearly 1,500 madarsas across the country on Republic Day. MRM patron and senior RSS leader Indresh Kumar will himself hoist the Tricolour at a madrasa in Rai Purani, near Panchkula in Haryana.
“Our programme is to hoist the Tricolour and recite patriotic songs at all madrasas as is done at other educational institutions,” said Kumar, adding that MRM has appealed to its workers across the country to organise such functions.
The MRM decided to go ahead with the latest programme at a two-day meet held in Varanasi last week. Apart from the flag hoisting, the MRM will also organise an “Insaniyat Jagao” programme at several Muslim localities between February 18-25.
“The flag hoisting will be followed by the Insaniyat Jagao (awaken humanity) programme at nearly 1200 places. During that we will recite Ayat-e-Karima (verses of the Holy Quran) for peace, harmony and development, and for elimination of terrorism from the country and good relationship with neighbouring countries like Pakistan and Bangladesh,” said Gireesh Juyal, national convenor of the MRM and a former RSS pracharak. He said the Ayat-e-Karima will be recited at nearly 100 Muslim-dominated localities in Delhi itself as part of the programme.
Reminded about the possible opposition from Muslim leaders, Juyal said that at the ground level MRM faced no such opposition. “During last Republic Day there was no such resistance. Over 1,400 madrasas hoisted the national flag and chanted Madar-e-Watan Zindabad with no resistance. This year may be different due to political reasons, but we do not care,” he said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The MRM, which has been working among the Muslims since 2002, claims to have a reach in over 9000 places across the country. It maintains that the latest programme is meant to remind the students of thousands of Muslim scholars who laid down their lives during the freedom struggle.