A reported plan drawn up by the Paresh Barua faction of ULFA and other rebel groups, which are part of the United Liberation Front of Western Southeast Asia (UNFL), to carry out strikes in the Northeast has set alarm bells ringing in security circles across the region.
Information about the plan has reportedly been gathered by intelligence agencies in eastern Arunachal Pradesh, where two major rebel groups — the Barua faction of ULFA and Khaplang faction of NSCN — have been very active for several years now. According to the agencies, outfits under the front have been assigned specific tasks. These tasks range from targeting security forces, carrying out subversive activities and abducting Hindi-speaking businessmen, said sources.
The intelligence report, which is learnt to have come from a central agency, has said that while NSCN(K) and ULFA would target security forces in eastern Arunachal Pradesh where India, China and Myanmar meet, PLA, ULFA and NSCN(K) would carry out similar strikes on security forces close to the India-Myanmar boundary in Manipur.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Likewise, ULFA, NDFB(S), GNLA and KLO have been assigned the task of targeting security forces close to the India-Bangladesh border in Meghalaya, while ULFA and NDFB(S) would carry out similar strikes close to the India-Bhutan border in western Assam. Assam Police confirmed having received similar inputs.