Art of Living founder Sri Sri Ravi Shankar said Saturday he is ready to mediate on the Ram temple issue to facilitate its resolution. “Definitely, I am always ready to do any mediation anywhere”, he responded when asked if he is ready to mediate between the two sides to resolve the long-pending Ram temple issue, at a media interaction here.
On escalating India-Pakistan tension, Ravi Shankar offered to promote people-to-people contacts between the two countries but saw no other role for him. “People-to-people, we have got very good contacts”, he said, noting that Art of Living has four centres in different cities of Pakistan, where 10,000 people practise its programme benefiting greatly. Art of Living distributed food to people during flood in Pakistan,” Ravi Shankar said.
“People-to-people contact is a different thing but politics is a different thing. So, I don’t know how I can do anything in the political area, that’s not my cup of tea. But people-to-people contact..yes.. quite a bit. Every year 300 to 400 people from Pakistan visit our Ashram (in Bengaluru) for training”, he said.
The spiritual leader visited Pakistan thrice during which he received “overwhelming response and warm welcome”. “On this level (people-to-people contact), of course we can do a lot…bring sense to people but I don’t know what I can do with ISI, Army and Government there (in Pakistan). That only government can connect”, Ravi Shankar said.
Asked if Uniform Civil Code is needed in the country, he said he would like people to think very pragmatically and in a “progressive manner”. “Opinion of social scientists also should be taken on board. One cannot have any dogmatic mindset of any sort. We should be progressive in our approach”, he added.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More