RBI Chennai sets up helpline for customers

For any further clarifications, the dedicated helpline numbers are 044-25381390 and 044-25381392 for customers, it said.

By: PTI | Chennai | Updated: November 9, 2016 8:24 pm

The Reserve Bank of India, Chennai has set up dedicated helpline numbers for serving customers over the withdrawal of Rs 500 and Rs 1,000 denomination notes. “Consequent to the introduction of the withdrawal of legal tender character of bank notes of Rs 500 and Rs 1,000, the Bank has put up a detailed list of frequently asked questions in its website http://www.rblorg.in”, a PIB release said.

WATCH VIDEO: Rs 500 & Rs 1000 Illegal: Scuffle At An ATM With People Queuing Up To Withdraw Money

Prime Minister Narendra Modi in a televised address on Tuesday, announced demonetising of Rs 1,000 and Rs 500 currency notes in a move to curb blackmoney while new denominations of Rs 500 and Rs 2,000 will be introduced from November 11.

For all the latest India News, download Indian Express App now

1. N
    nilesh
    Jan 16, 2017 at 6:15 am
    the numbers given above are both out of order
    1. B
      Bhushan Kumar
      Jan 26, 2017 at 10:31 am
      Sir, I have 8 notes 500rs. I want to change it in RBI. Last week when i came there they told me that, now we accept only NRI notes, So pls kindly inform me that when can i come to exchange the notes
        D.RAVI KUMAR
        Jan 24, 2017 at 7:32 am
        LAST 5TH JAN 2017 I CAME FROM SAUDI ARABIA FOR MY VECATION.I GOT CUSTOMS APROVAL FOR OLD INDIAN CURRENCIES ( 10000 VALUE)SUBMITTED IN RBI CHENNAI.TILL MY MONEY NOT DEPOSITED TO MY ACCOUNT.I HAVE SEND MY REMAINDERS BUT NO REPLY.MY TENDER RECIPT NUMBER:00117 (DATE:05/01/2017)PL DO THE NEEDFUL AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE.THANK YOU.
          D.RAVI KUMAR
          Jan 24, 2017 at 7:20 am
          RBI CHENNAI CUSTOMER HELP LINE WORKING BUT NOBADY ANSWER SINCE LONG TIME.
            Priya
            Jan 17, 2017 at 7:55 pm
            I have old notes for 120000. Can i exchange now. What are the things required. Please inform me the details
              A janaki
              Feb 22, 2017 at 10:29 am
              Dear Sir,lt;br/gt;lt;br/gt;Sir, I have 4 notes 500rs. I want to change it in RBI. Last month when i came there they told me that, now we accept only NRI notes, So pls kindly inform me that when can i come to exchange the notes. please call me 9566098404lt;br/gt;lt;br/gt;lt;br/gt;Please help, i am having four notes of five hundred how can i change it, last month i came there but you told me nri only exchange available.
                Karthikeyan
                Jan 28, 2017 at 3:19 am
                i called above numebr nearly 20 times yesterday and today. No response.. Good work by RBI. Keep it up. You wont take action against Sekar Reddy, but you will make normal citizen to suffer. You only said upto March 31st currecy can be exchannged. but now you are saying only NRI currencies? ?? Need to answer it...
                1. m
                  m.
                  Jan 25, 2017 at 5:22 am
                  I am kemala i have rs. 5000 old notes I want to change it i called the above number that is out of order.
                    KHAN BABA
                    Mar 2, 2017 at 4:34 pm
                    SIR IAM KHAN MY 8332009789, SIR EVERY MONTH MY MOTHER SAVES 500RS NOTE EVERY MOTH FOR YAERLY ANNA DAN ,BEFORE TWO MONTHS WE NOT SAVED DUE TO SOME REASON NOW MOTHER FOUNDED 21000 RUPEES FIVE HUNDRED NOTE . IN CHENNAI RBI TELLING THEY DEPOSIT ONLY FOR NRI. BUT OUR PRIME MINISTER SAID U CAN EXCHANGE OLD NOTES UP TO 31 ST MARCH WITH SUITABLE PROOFS. BUT CHENNAI RBI NOT RESPONDING WHAT TO DO
                      Shiva kumari
                      Mar 21, 2017 at 6:21 am
                      Pls help me . It'll be useful to me to pay my children school fees . It's not a big amt . It's only 13 notes of 500 . But it is big to me.
                        Shiva kumari
                        Mar 21, 2017 at 6:18 am
                        Sir I found 6500 R's of 500 notes in my children cupboard, I got it wen I cleaned their cupboard,its my hard earned money.pls help me to convert it . My contact no 9740398853
                        1. L
                          lakshmanan
                          Mar 6, 2017 at 8:39 am
                          sir i have 15 piece 500 rs old note how to exchange it please help me
                            Mohamed
                            Mar 16, 2017 at 6:13 am
                            Dear Sir,lt;br/gt;lt;br/gt;i have a 3 notes of 500rs .i want to change in RBI .i tried to contact the helpline numbers and send a mail .but no response .o pls kindly inform me that when can i come to exchange the notes. please call me 9566446670
                            1. N
                              nshariefmohammad
                              Feb 18, 2017 at 3:58 pm
                              good evening i am an NRI returned from Ethiopia with 4500/- old currency.can any one guide to get it exchanged with new currency
                              1. L
                                Lizath
                                Mar 8, 2017 at 9:04 pm
                                I am an NRI. I sent an e-mail to RBI Chennai office asking them how much time they (RBI) will take to process my SBNs which will be duly certified by Indian Customs on my arrival to India. So far no reply has been received. As we are visiting India for a short vacation, their (RBI) reply would be more helpful. Now where I have to contact to get the information?
                                  darshan
                                  Feb 2, 2017 at 11:38 am
                                  i have do tray from all help line number of all india RBI , but no one number recieved by employee. i am helpless . my fsather found six not of five hundred , how can i change it. plz if any one coud help me. my no. 9825919563.
                                    Ramesh
                                    Feb 1, 2017 at 8:39 am
                                    Dear Sir,lt;br/gt;lt;br/gt;Please help uslt;br/gt;my father expired on 30th November.lt;br/gt;Yesterday found some Rs. 500/- and Rs. 1000/- Noteslt;br/gt;How to Exchange? lt;br/gt;Please do the needful.
                                    1. V
                                      vaishnavi
                                      Mar 26, 2017 at 5:41 am
                                      I am also facing the same problem. If you find any suggestions please help me to exchange my old 1000 notes. It's only 7 notes of 1000 but it's a big amount for me.
                                      1. N