RBI Chennai sets up helpline for customers

For any further clarifications, the dedicated helpline numbers are 044-25381390 and 044-25381392 for customers, it said.

By: PTI | Chennai | Updated: November 9, 2016 8:24 pm

The Reserve Bank of India, Chennai has set up dedicated helpline numbers for serving customers over the withdrawal of Rs 500 and Rs 1,000 denomination notes. “Consequent to the introduction of the withdrawal of legal tender character of bank notes of Rs 500 and Rs 1,000, the Bank has put up a detailed list of frequently asked questions in its website http://www.rblorg.in”, a PIB release said.

WATCH VIDEO: Rs 500 & Rs 1000 Illegal: Scuffle At An ATM With People Queuing Up To Withdraw Money

Prime Minister Narendra Modi in a televised address on Tuesday, announced demonetising of Rs 1,000 and Rs 500 currency notes in a move to curb blackmoney while new denominations of Rs 500 and Rs 2,000 will be introduced from November 11.

M Venkata Subbaiah
    May 22, 2017 at 9:17 am
    Sir, I am a resident of kadapa town in A P state. I am in USA for the last 11 months. Now I am returning to India on 25 th of this month. I have Rs 30000 (approx) in my house at kadapa. As I was away from home I could not exchange the old notes. Please let me know the procedure to exchange the old denomination notes. Thanking you sir
    1. V
      Varadachari Janardanan
      May 20, 2017 at 3:27 pm
      Dear Sir, Vide Tender receipt number 006748 on 23.02.17 had surrendered old Rs.500 / 1000 (17 / 2 respectively ) note at RBI Chennai. Till date i have no information on the status nor the amount having been credited to my nominated bank. Shall appreciate if i am updated with regards to the status of my claim.
        PV Thyagarajan
        May 31, 2017 at 12:27 pm
        Dear Mr Varadachari, I'm Thyagarajan from Bangalore. My state is also the same as yours. I had surrendered at RBI Chennai on 22.02.17. No information to me as well till date. Helpline numbers are also not responding. Any luck on any information to you?
      2. N
        nilesh
        Jan 16, 2017 at 6:15 am
        the numbers given above are both out of order
        1. B
          Bhushan Kumar
          Jan 26, 2017 at 10:31 am
          Sir, I have 8 notes 500rs. I want to change it in RBI. Last week when i came there they told me that, now we accept only NRI notes, So pls kindly inform me that when can i come to exchange the notes
            D.RAVI KUMAR
            Jan 24, 2017 at 7:32 am
            LAST 5TH JAN 2017 I CAME FROM SAUDI ARABIA FOR MY VECATION.I GOT CUSTOMS APROVAL FOR OLD INDIAN CURRENCIES ( 10000 VALUE)SUBMITTED IN RBI CHENNAI.TILL MY MONEY NOT DEPOSITED TO MY ACCOUNT.I HAVE SEND MY REMAINDERS BUT NO REPLY.MY TENDER RECIPT NUMBER:00117 (DATE:05/01/2017)PL DO THE NEEDFUL AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE.THANK YOU.
              D.RAVI KUMAR
              Jan 24, 2017 at 7:20 am
              RBI CHENNAI CUSTOMER HELP LINE WORKING BUT NOBADY ANSWER SINCE LONG TIME.
                Priya
                Jan 17, 2017 at 7:55 pm
                I have old notes for 120000. Can i exchange now. What are the things required. Please inform me the details
                  A janaki
                  Feb 22, 2017 at 10:29 am
                  Dear Sir,lt;br/gt;lt;br/gt;Sir, I have 4 notes 500rs. I want to change it in RBI. Last month when i came there they told me that, now we accept only NRI notes, So pls kindly inform me that when can i come to exchange the notes. please call me 9566098404lt;br/gt;lt;br/gt;lt;br/gt;Please help, i am having four notes of five hundred how can i change it, last month i came there but you told me nri only exchange available.