Pakistan security forces have arrested a man who they claim was “a serving officer in the Indian Navy and deputed to the Indian intelligence agency Research and Analysis Wing (RAW)” in Balochistan province on Thursday, local media reported.
A report on the Dawn newspaper’s website quoted Balochistan Home Minister Mir Sarfaraz Bugti as claiming that an “an Indian spy” was arrested from the southern part of the province.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
He also claimed that the alleged “spy” was sponsoring terrorist activities in Balochistan, the report said. A PTI report, quoting Bugti, said the man “has been identified as Bhushan Yadav”.
- Pakistan turns down India's request for consular access to Kulbhushan Jadhav
- Pakistan releases 'confession video' of Indian man arrested for 'spying'
- Balochistan arrest: Pakistan calls him spy, MEA says he retired from Navy, has no links with govt
- Pakistan summons Indian envoy to protest 'RAW officer' presence in Balochistan
- Pakistan: Taliban suicide bomber kills 15 in Quetta
- Senior al-Qaeda leader killed in Balochistan, claims Pakistan
A Pakistani security official told Dawn that the “RAW officer” had been taken to Islamabad for interrogation. The official told the newspaper that the “Indian national” had been suspected to be involved in “various acts of terrorism and other subversive activities in Balochistan”.
The unnamed official was quoted as claiming that the man was involved in acts of sectarian terrorism and attacks in Karachi as well.
with PTI inputs