A day after a 22-year-old youth was booked for rape, his body was found hanging from a tree in Kothi police station area of Barabanki district of Uttar Pradesh, police said Saturday.
The body of Mukesh Kumar Rawat, a farmer, was recovered Friday afternoon. Police said he committed suicide, though no suicide note was recovered.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“Autopsy report stated that death occurred due to hanging. No injury marks were found,” said station officer Brijesh Singh.
On Thursday, police had lodged an FIR against Rawat on a complaint by 20-year-old married woman.