In an attempt to corner the Uttar Pradesh government over the state’s law and order situation, the BJP on Wednesday urged Governor Ram Naik to send a report to the Union government in this regard.
“The Governor must send a report to the Union Home Ministry over the deteriorating law and order situation,” BJP leader Sidharth Nath Singh said.
Accusing the Akhilesh Yadav government of covering up the Shamli incident in which a young boy was killed in celebratory firing by SP workers, Singh asked why the state police was unable to catch the culprits when they “act with alacrity to find lost buffaloes of a state minister”.
- Allahabad Dalit student death: Mayawati, Akhilesh Yadav slam UP government
- UP Assembly: Protesting Opposition MLAs throw paper balls, balloons at Governor
- Kasganj violence: MHA seeks report from UP govt; CM Adityanath says won’t spare those spreading anarchy
- Samajwadi Party slams Yogi Adityanath government over ‘failure’ to check crime
- BJP men behind protest against Padmaavat, says Akhilesh Yadav
- Akhilesh Yadav to contest Lok Sabha poll from Kannauj, Mulayam chooses Mainpuri
“Four days have gone by and no concrete action has been taken against the accused. The Akhilesh Yadav government in Uttar Pradesh is only engaged in damage control by suspending some officials while its leaders make insensitive statements. The government is busy doing a cover-up of the incident,” Singh said. He added: “The goons of Samajwadi Party have destroyed law and order in Uttar Pradesh and police have become mere spectators.”
Targeting Kairana MLA Nahid Hasan over the incident, Singh asked Akhilesh Yadav if he would act against his party MLA, who had a criminal record, for making insensitive comments.