Punjab Congress Chief Amarinder Singh on Friday termed as “sheer rhetoric” Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh’s proposal to “seal” the India-Pakistan border by December 2018 and his statement reflected his ignorance about matters of national security.
He also said that the International Border in Punjab was already well protected.
“Rajnath’s statement is nothing more than sheer rhetoric since the Indo-Pak border here is already adequately sealed, with two-tier fencing and a flood-lit concrete area between the two fences,” Amarinder said in a statement.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The sweeping statement made by him, without taking into account the unique topographical and geographical realities of the border in different regions of the country, reflects his ignorance about matters of national security, he added.
The Congress leader said with the Punjab border being well insulated from incursions and intrusions, it was difficult to understand what the Home Minister means when he talks about “sealing” the Indo-Pak border.
“Does he want to build concrete walls at the Punjab border?” he asked and added that the need of the hour was not to build walls but to create bridges.
“Even the Berlin Wall had to be demolished in the interest of peace.”
The PPCC chief alleged that the regressive policies of the Narendra Modi government are designed to take India back from its progressive path.