Home Minister Rajnath Singh spoke to Delhi Police Commissioner Alok Verma over the death of a person in an explosion in north Delhi’s Naya Bazar area in New Delhi on Tuesday. The Home Minister, who is in Bahrain, telephoned the Delhi Police Commissioner to take stock of the situation in the national capital.
Verma briefed him about the incident and the steps taken in this regard, official sources said. The Home Minister instructed the Delhi Police Commissioner to arrest those involved in the incident and take all possible measures to ensure peace in the city.
— ANI (@ANI_news) October 25, 2016
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
One person was killed and two others were injured in the explosion. A senior police officer said the cause of the explosion was yet to be ascertained. Forensic teams and officers from the Special Cell are on the spot and collecting samples. Further details are awaited.
Delhi Police personnel have been maintaining a tight vigil in view of the festive season.