A woman was killed while her property dealer husband was injured after their car rammed into a bus of Rajkot Mass Transport Service (RMTS) on University road on Wednesday morning. University police said the accident took place at the Kidney Hospital crossroads when drivers of the car and the city bus erred in judgement. The car coming from Gongotri Park area was trying to cross the University Road to reach Kalavad Road when it rammed into the bus. Police said the bus was going to Saurashtra University from Indira Circle.
Watch What Else Is Making News
After hitting the car, the bus hit a mound of stones even as the car turned turtle. Car driver Manish Kumbhani (35), a resident of Amidhan Park on 150 Foot Ring Road and his wife Dharmishtha (34) who seating in the front seat, were injured seriously. The couple were rushed to Pandit Dindayal Upadhyay General Hospital where Dharmishtha died after undergoing brief treatment. Police said that Manish, a property dealer, had sustained injuries on his head and hand and was later shifted to a private hospital for further treatment.
“The couple were on their way to attend a marriage in the family. But drivers of the bus and the car erred in judgement at the crossroads, leading to the accident. The city bus driver surrendered before police after the accident. No passenger travelling on board the bus was injured,” assistant police sub-inspector of University police, Meram Humble said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Based on a complaint filed by Kumbhani, University police have booked the city bus driver for causing death by negligence and rash and dangerous driving. Police said that the bus driver was detained after he surrendered and that he will be arrested after completing formalities.