Union Minister Arjun Ram Meghwal on Wednesday said Rajasthani language would soon be given official recognition under the Eighth Schedule of the Constitution. Speaking at a function in Bikaner, Meghwal said two other languages along with Rajasthani would be accorded the official status in near future.
Watch What Else is Making News
“A study has been conducted as per the direction of the Central government and on the basis of the report of the official language commission, three languages, including Rajasthani and Bhojpuri, would be included in the Eighth schedule of the Constitution,” the Union Minister of State for Finance said.
The long standing demand for official recognition to both Bhojpuri and Rajasthani has heightened in recent years.
Last year, Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje had flagged off a “Rajasthani Rath Yatra”, an initiative demanding that the language be accorded an official status.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
As of now, the Eighth Schedule has 22 languages recognised under the Constitution.