A trial is on for a vest, designed for BSF jawans patrolling along Rajasthan border, which claims to keep the user’s body cool for around six hours.
Trial of ten such vests is going on in Shahgarh area, BSF DIG, Ravi Gandhi, said.
The vest manufactured by a private company is claimed to be compatible to keep the body of the user cool for close to six hours.
- Pakistani smuggler killed, another caught near Indo-Pak border
- Jammu and Kashmir: Two civilians, Army jawan killed as Pak violates ceasefire near Akhnoor, BSF retaliates effectively
- BSF jawan, two civilians killed in Pak firing along IB in Jammu
- Govt to raise 15 new battalions for Pakistan, China borders
- Punjab: To check drug smuggling, BSF starts upgrade of infra along Pak border
- Now,a vest to keep fire fighters stay cool!
Jawans patrolling along the border areas in harsh summer conditions are testing the vest and after the trial is done a report will be forwarded to the BSF headquarters, he said.
The vest has 12 pockets containing certain material which helps in keeping the body of the user cool.