Three people were booked on charges of attempt to murder and under provisions of the POCSO Act for allegedly raping a 13-year-old girl and then trying to set her on fire, in northern Rajasthan’s Sriganganagar, about 450 km from here.
According to the victim’s statement to the police, the girl had gone to the terrace around 11 pm on Wednesday when her neighbours Vicky, Sonu and Vijay grabbed her, drugged her and raped her. At 5 in the morning, the trio returned to her home, poured kerosene over her and set her on fire.
- Minor girl raped, set on fire in Madhya Pradesh village
- Delhi crime watch: City tops in NCRB data 2017; here's a list of five incidents this week
- Eunuch, auto driver allegedly murdered in Gujarat's Morbi district
- Booked for ‘rape’, three accused acquitted as victim turns hostile
- Burning of woman: Accused, a live-in partner, married victim after counselling
- Woman set on fire: Husband, father, cousin booked
With 75 per cent burns, the victim is undergoing treatment at a hospital in Bikaner.
“Yes, she has accused the three people of rape and attempt to murder. We have rounded one of them up. The other two will also soon be questioned,” Sriganganagar SP Rahul Katakey told The Indian Express.
According to her testimony, her parents were not at home, while her grandparents were fast asleep when the incident had occurred.