Three people were booked on charges of attempt to murder and under provisions of the POCSO Act for allegedly raping a 13-year-old girl and then trying to set her on fire, in northern Rajasthan’s Sriganganagar, about 450 km from here.
According to the victim’s statement to the police, the girl had gone to the terrace around 11 pm on Wednesday when her neighbours Vicky, Sonu and Vijay grabbed her, drugged her and raped her. At 5 in the morning, the trio returned to her home, poured kerosene over her and set her on fire.
- Meeting to discuss construction of ‘longest’ cycling track in Mumbai
- ‘Nek Chand’s art is unique & distinct’
- Brush with canvas: ‘Art of any form must make us think & reflect’
- Will the Ravanas be ready in time for Dussehra? Drive by South civic body poses worry for artisans
- Friends, colleagues remember KJ Singh
- Women inmates bring their ordeal to the stage
With 75 per cent burns, the victim is undergoing treatment at a hospital in Bikaner.
“Yes, she has accused the three people of rape and attempt to murder. We have rounded one of them up. The other two will also soon be questioned,” Sriganganagar SP Rahul Katakey told The Indian Express.
According to her testimony, her parents were not at home, while her grandparents were fast asleep when the incident had occurred.