Six women were killed and five others injured after being struck by lightning in four separate incidents in Baran district of Rajasthan. All the women were daily labourers and were working in the fields when lightning struck them. Local MLA Praptap Singh Singhvi said relief amount from the CM Relief fund will be given to the family members of the deceased.
Five women labourers, Chandabai, Seema, Manbhar, Santosh and Balchandibai, were killed after they were struck by lightning while working in the fields at three different places in Balapura, Harnavdashashaji and Deegod-Jagir area, ASI of Harnavdashahaji Police Station, Mohanchand, said. Five other women, Badambai, Chamoli, Sunita, Mangibai and Kailashbai, also working in the fields, sustained severe burn injuries, he said, adding they were rushed to the government hospital in Aklera where they are undergoing treatment.
Watch What Else Is Making News
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
The bodies of the deceased have been handed over to the family members after postmortem, he said. The deceased and injured women were mostly from Raiger and Bheel community, he said. In a separate incident, a woman was killed after a lightning bolt hit her while working in the field in Kakarwa village.
The dead body was handed over to the family members after postmortem, SHO Chhabra PS, Vijay Shankar Sharma.