At least 48 kids took ill in Rajasthan’s Jhunjhunu district on Wednesday after consuming deworming tablets on National Deworming Day and were briefly admitted at the local Community Health Centre (CHC).
Dr S N Dholpuria, Chief Medical Officer, Jhunjhunu, said that 48 children of Dayanand School took ill and were brought to Chirawan CHC immediately. “Stomach ache, nausea and vomiting may be the side effects of the tablets and children complained of the same. We brought them to the health centre and gave them first aid,” Dholpuria said.
- Odisha food poisoning: 30 people fall ill after eating at community feast
- 100 children take ill in UP govt-run residential school
- In Nodia, 55 students fall ill after taking deworming tablets, taken to hospital
- In Bengal, 400 children fall ill after consuming deworming medicine
- 100 students in Odisha hospital after taking deworming pills
- 188 children complain of uneasiness after taking deworming tablets in Bihar
Prem Singh, State Nodal Officer (Medical and Health), said: “Kids who have worms usually complain of stomach ache once they’ve consumed the tablets.” He said no adverse reports have come in from the state though there have been few complaints of nausea and stomach ache.