An Indian Air Force fighter jet was scrambled Tuesday morning after an unidentified balloon-shaped object was detected in Rajasthan’s Barmer district on the Indo-Pak border, while loud explosions were heard in the district. A “balloon” was also “brought down” in neighbouring Pali district.
A Defence official said between 10:30-11 am, an “unidentified balloon-shaped object was picked up by IAF radar”.
A Sukhoi-30 fighter jet was scrambled for the mission “which intercepted the object and brought it down”. The official said further investigation into the incident is on.
Meanwhile, another “balloon-shaped” object was “brought down” in the state’s Pali district. Pali SP Deepak Bhargav said, “The IAF brought down a balloon between 3-3:30 pm at Tivoli village. Our SHO escorted the IAF personnel in bringing the balloon to the Jodhpur airbase.”
Meanwhile, the Barmer district administration said that it received information about a blast at Gugri village under Panchpadra police station around 1 pm. Later, Balotra Additional Superintendent of Police Jassa Ram Bose, the SHO of Panchpadra police station and other officers went to the spot and found unidentified debris.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Barmer SP Paris Deshmukh said it was not clear whether these were the parts of the same object that was brought down by the IAF jet.
“Upon inspection, four-five angular objects were found and the pieces were collected,” the district administration said in a statement, adding that, “Similar objects were also found in Panawda village, under Baytu police station.”
“Prima facie, the objects do not seem to be bomb-like. (The district administration) Will write to the IAF to inquire how the blast happened and what these objects are,” the statement said.