An Indian Air Force fighter jet was scrambled Tuesday morning after an unidentified balloon-shaped object was detected in Rajasthan’s Barmer district on the Indo-Pak border, while loud explosions were heard in the district. A “balloon” was also “brought down” in neighbouring Pali district.
A Defence official said between 10:30-11 am, an “unidentified balloon-shaped object was picked up by IAF radar”.
A Sukhoi-30 fighter jet was scrambled for the mission “which intercepted the object and brought it down”. The official said further investigation into the incident is on.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Meanwhile, another “balloon-shaped” object was “brought down” in the state’s Pali district. Pali SP Deepak Bhargav said, “The IAF brought down a balloon between 3-3:30 pm at Tivoli village. Our SHO escorted the IAF personnel in bringing the balloon to the Jodhpur airbase.”
Meanwhile, the Barmer district administration said that it received information about a blast at Gugri village under Panchpadra police station around 1 pm. Later, Balotra Additional Superintendent of Police Jassa Ram Bose, the SHO of Panchpadra police station and other officers went to the spot and found unidentified debris.
Barmer SP Paris Deshmukh said it was not clear whether these were the parts of the same object that was brought down by the IAF jet.
“Upon inspection, four-five angular objects were found and the pieces were collected,” the district administration said in a statement, adding that, “Similar objects were also found in Panawda village, under Baytu police station.”
“Prima facie, the objects do not seem to be bomb-like. (The district administration) Will write to the IAF to inquire how the blast happened and what these objects are,” the statement said.