In a bid to make Rajasthan child marriage-free, the state government, the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) and United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), launched a district-level campaign in Dausa under the “Sajha Abhiyan” banner of the Rajasthan Government.
Rajasthan’s Women and Child Development Minister, Anita Bhadel, flagged off the District Abhiyan Yatra. Commissioner, Women Empowerment, Richa Khoda, said the Baal Vivah-Mukt Rajasthan Rath, would travel through as many as 50 village panchayats in the district during the next 25 days to generate awareness.
At the village panchayat level, the Yatra will be welcomed and the administrative officers, elected representatives and others will take a resolve in accordance with the Yatra’s objectives.
Rallies are to be organised by the school children and street plays will also be held. This will be followed by a drive to obtain signatures to abstain from child marriage, singing of the Abhiyan song, exhibition of a short documentary film, among other things.
According to the Annual Health Survey, 2011, one in four girls in Rajasthan is married before the age of 18.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
There are over 20 districts in the state where over 32 per cent of marriages are child marriages.